Judge: Maria Psoma-Petridou
This is the announcement for our fifth international short story contest.
The contest runs from January 20th through April 30th, 2015. The theme of the contest this year is «On the verge» (Borderline stories) . Entry fee: 8 €
You can pay by clicking the ''buy now'' button on paypal icon, at
The theme of the contest this year is «On the verge» .
The prize for the first winner is a week holiday in the island of Crete.The first three winners will see their stories published in two different anthologies (Greek and English). All the stories of the Short List will be published in a special English edition, released through amazon.com & strangedays books.
Entry fee: 8 €
PRIZES & HONORABLE MENTIONS
FIRST PRIZE: A week holiday for two persons at THREE-ROCK STUDIO, Triopetra beach, Rethymno, Crete (airplane tickets not included)
see more here: http://three-rock.blogspot.gr/
First, Second and Third prize: publishing of your story in an anthology of the short listed stories of the contest (Greek section), translated in Greek.
• The three prize winners will also get a free copy of the book with the winning stories of our contest & certification document & a Greek handmade ceramic from the collection of Omodamos Clayart
All The Short Listed stories: publishing of your story in an anthology of the short listed stories of the contest (English section), will be released through
“Strange Days” publications and www.amazon.co.uk
* Entry fee: 8 €
*Judge: Maria Psoma Petridou
.NOTE: Free entry for the short listed writers of previous contests
RULES OF THE CONTEST (INTERNATIONAL SECTION)
* Themes of the contest: “On the verge”
*Entries must be short stories, of any genre, and maximum length is 2,500 words and must be previously unpublished in a book, printed magazine or web-based journal. Entries must be in English.
*You can submit one or more stories.
*This is an international contest. There is no restriction such as nationality e.t.c of the author, but you have to be 18 years old on the 21st of January 2015 to enter the contest.
* No “eyelands” editor, judge, or relative of them, is allowed to enter.
* Entries can be submitted electronically (see below).
* The short list will be announced before or on June, 10th, 2015
* Winners to be announced on September 10th, 2015
* Copyright of manuscripts remains to the author.
* In addition to the story being published on www.eyelands.gr, the author's acceptance of the prize gives eyelands.gr the right to include the story in the anthology that will appear in book form. Entry gives permission to include the three prize winners and the shortlisted stories in the book which will be published and will be available from “Strange Days” publications.
* There will be two collections of stories -one that will be published in Greek with the stories of the first three winners of English Section included and another one with all the Short Listed stories of the English Section.
ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT
* The entry fee is 8 €
See the banner in eyelands Home Page. You can pay via paypal.
* You must pay the entry fee and then send the e-mail with your story attached in word doc format.
*An email confirmation that your entry has been received will be sent within three /four days after receiving your e-mail.
* Send an e-mail with your short story attached (in word doc. or docx –but NOT in PDF format) to: email@example.com
with subject: Eyelands Short Story Contest
*We don’t accept postal entries
* Name, address and a short biography (up to 200 words) of the author are to be submitted in a separate attachment to accompany the entry.
*No fee for the short listed writers of previous contests
Maria Psoma PetridouMaria was born and lives in Thessaloniki - Greece. She is an english teacher. She has published two poetry collections, "Lifetime Service" 2006, "A second pair of wings" 2010. She writes poetry & fiction in greek and in english. In 2006 she was awarded the 2nd prize for her poem "The Bate" from the Greek - Australian Cultural League of Melbourn, in 2009 the 2nd prize :Antonis Samarakis" for her story:Even if it's found it will chase me". A lot of her work has been edited in Literature Magazines in Greece and on the internet.
Maria teaches Creative Writing. She is the co-ordinator of a book club for six years and of a writers' meet up. The last four years she's been a collaborator in www.eyelands.gr as well as a judge of its poetry and story competitions.-
You can read the prize winning stories of our 1st, 2nd and 3rd contests on www.eyelands.gr (eyelands/ storyland / short stories).
You can also read the interviews from our prize winners of the past contests
TRHEE ROCK STUDIO
eyelands/ Storyland - Short Stories
STRANGE DAYS BOOKS
photos: The Time collection
Past first prize winners
2014: Seth Libby, eyelands 4th short story contest
2013: Giouli Anastasopoulou, eyelands 3nd short story contest
2012: Paul Adkin, eyelands 2nd international short story contest
2011: Natasha Ali, eyelands 1st international short story contest